Community Meeting Room Policy
Community Room provides a meeting space for civic, cultural,
educational, and informational meetings held by community and business
groups. Library and senior citizen sponsored programs have
- The use of the Community Room does not
imply the City's endoresement of any ideas expressed in the meeting,
nor the goals, objectives, or ideas of the person or organization using
the Community Room.
- The community Room may be used for the sale
of merchandise, solicitation of sales, or for order placement by the
organization using the facility. Each request will be considered
on an individual basis.
- One person from the organization must be listed as the contact person.
- Room capacity: 35
- Reservations are not effective until the deposit and rental fees (if applicable) are received and the User Agreement is signed.
- All groups will be responsible for cleanup of the room after the event.
- Deposit fees will be refunded if the following conditions are met:
- The room is vacuumed and left clean and orderly (vacuum is available on premise).
- Tables are left in the same manner as they were found, tops washed off and pushed together.
- Extra chairs are stacked neatly in one corner of the room.
room checklist is completed and returned to the library desk or left on
a table if the meeting ends after library hours.
- No damage to
the property or equipment has occured. (If damages exceed the
$25.00 deposit fee, the person responsible will be billed.)
USER GROUPS AND RENTAL FEES:
|Deposit Fee||Rental Fee 1-4 hours|
Rental Fee more than 4 hours
A: Governmental agencies
- City of Slayton, Plum Creek Library System, county, state, school,
Category B: Non-profit civic groups - Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Women of Today, study clubs, quilt groups, etc.
Category C: For profit and social groups.
- The meeting room is NOT available on holidays and Sundays unless the Senior Center is also rented.
- Meetings that start before 8:00 a.m. must have special arrangements for the door to be opened (a charge may be incurred)
- Reservations for the Community Room will not be accepted for more than three months in advance of a scheduled meeting.
hours meeting groups must leave the Community room and bathrooms in the
same condition as prior to the meeting and should be checked by the
person in charge before leaving. Doors should be checked to make
sure they are locked.
- No tape, staples, etc. should be attached in any way to the walls, doors or ceiling.
- This is a smoke free building.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
and all damages done to the buildings or equipment by the renter,
guest, or others present at the meeting/activity is the responsibility
of the party that paid the deposit or rent. That party will be
billed for items that need replacement or repair.
- Groups wishing to schedule more than a single meeting will be considered on an individual basis.
group or individual that believes they have been unfairly denied use of
the Community Room or that their use has been unjustly limited may
submit their written grievance to the Slayton City council through city
hall for inclusion on the agenda of the next regularly scheduled