The Zinio Digital Magazine service will be ending on May 31
We will be adding other digital content in the near future.
The History of the Morgan Library
The Morgan Public Library has been a part of Morgan history since 1939 when the current building was built by Charles Gilfillan in memory of his father. Acres of land were also given to the City to provide for the maintenance of the building. City and County tax money is used to maintain and run the library itself but Gilfillan funds support the building and its maintenance. In the past the City and Police Offices were also in the basement of the building. They have moved to another location in Morgan.
In 2003 a grant was available to make libraries handicap accessible. Our library added an elevator so that our library was accessible to all. That elevator is used by many - young and old. The addition that was also added at that time provided for a new work space and check out station for the librarians plus a much better space for our computer stations and children's area. Our collections are now easier to find and access. And our beautiful window to the park is amazing!
The Morgan Library is a part of the Plum Creek Library System which allows patrons to borrow items from any library in the System through holds placed by the librarian or online and then delivered to the library by courier.
Patrons can also access any library in Minnesota that has their holdings online through MnLINK. This means that nearly any book in the state can be acquired through your local library.
210 Vernon Ave
PO Box 128
Morgan MN 56266